ABQ Free Press is searching for a print and media advertising sales pro to join our team.
Advertising Sales Pro
Sales & Marketing Albuquerque, New Mexico
ABQ Free Press, our state’s second-largest newspaper, is devoted to analysis, interpretation and investigative journalism on topics affecting the lives of people in Albuquerque and across New Mexico. Our newspaper is seeking a motivated, confident and experienced Senior Advertising Sales Professional to join our team.
This individual will be responsible for driving print and digital advertising revenue growth. The ability to hire, train and coach ad reps to exceed sales goals is as important as individual sales performance. Preference will be given to candidates with proven success driving sales in print and digital media environments and capable of eventually stepping into the role of Sales Manager.
The ideal candidate is a natural leader with a minimum of four years experience in sales management, growing advertising revenue and executing successful promotions while also prioritizing staff training and development. We’ll offer a competitive compensation package to the right candidate.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & SKILLS:
● Increase sales revenue by direct client outreach and rep management
● Sell display advertising to elite clients and ad agencies
● Hire, train, coach and motivate a sales team
● Manage existing clients while also establishing new relationships
● Drive overall sales performance and manage house accounts
● Lead sales team in maximizing interpersonal and presentation skills
● Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising or business or equivalent (four) years management experience in advertising sales for a print and/or digital media company
● A track record of exceeding sales goals
● Ability to lead effectively in a fast-paced media environment
● Superior interpersonal, presentation, management and closing skills
● Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite and accessing digital media
● Passion for investigative and arts journalism that matters to Albuquerque residents
ABQ Free Press publishes every two weeks, distributing a minimum of 45,000 issues throughout Central New Mexico at 500 high-traffic locations. Our pass-along rate finds our award-winning journalism reaching more than 200,000 readers in print alone.
The newspaper’s website is optimized for both traditional desktops and the rapidly growing mobile market; we’re invested in continually expanding and improving our relationship with our readers via print, internet and social media.
Check us out at freeabq.com. If interested, email your résumé and a cover letter to email@example.com or fax to (505) 200-2411. No phone calls.
Latest posts by ABQ Free Press (see all)
- One Less ABQ News Voice - November 5, 2017
- What Happens When A Troubled Police Department Refuses To Reform? - October 23, 2017
- Campaign Satire: Colón’s Surplus Cheese And More - September 27, 2017