Where Are All The Basketball Fans?
How many Albuquerqueans will be watching when the NBA Finals kick off on June 1?
With the league allowing teams to sell ad space on uniforms as of 2017 – estimated to generate $100 million to $150 million in yearly revenue – Albuquerqueans should wonder if they’re missing out on the money.
According to the personal-finance website WalletHub, Albuquerque is ranked as the sixth worst large city for basketball fans this year.
To find the best cities for professional- and college-basketball fans, WalletHub’s analysts compared 293 of the largest cities across 17 key metrics, ranging from the performance level of each city’s NBA and NCAA Division 1 basketball teams to ticket prices to stadium accessibility.
Basketball Fandom in Albuquerque (1=Best, 147=Avg.):
- 83rd – Performance Level of NCAA Div. 1 Basketball Team(s)
- 205th – Minimum Season-Ticket Price for NCAA Div. 1 Basketball Game
- 241st – College Basketball Stadium Capacity
- 251st – College Basketball Fan Engagement
Albuquerque ranks 245th overall and 52nd among large cities.
Latest posts by ABQ Free Press (see all)
- Santolina’s Request To Strip Water Requirements Challenged - June 23, 2017
- Conservation Group To Survey South Valley Again - June 23, 2017
- Can’t Let Charity Interrupt The Flow Of Traffic - June 23, 2017