San Mateo NE To Close From Constitution To Central
ABQ RIDE will temporarily detour two bus routes on the morning of June 10 to accommodate the annual Albuquerque Pride Parade. The parade begins at 10 a.m. from Washington and Lomas.
From 7:30 a.m. until 1:30 p.m., service on Lomas will be shut down between Washington and San Pedro to accommodate the parade’s float staging area and parade route, which will end at Expo New Mexico.
San Mateo NE will also be closed from Constitution to Central. However, two shuttles will be available for passengers along the detoured areas to connect with different routes.
Route #11-Lomas will be detouring both west and eastbound from the area during the parade. Westbound, it will turn from Lomas to north on San Pedro, before taking a turn onto westbound Constitution. From Constitution, it will turn south on Washington before turning west once again on Lomas.
Eastbound, the #11 will turn from Lomas to north on Washington, then east on Constitution. At San Pedro, the route will turn southbound before turning east on Lomas and resuming its regular route.
To get around the closure of San Mateo from Constitution to Central, Route #140/141-San Mateo will detour both north and southbound away from the area. Southbound, the route will turn from San Mateo to east on Constitution.
At Louisiana, buses will turn southbound before turning west on Zuni. At San Mateo, the route will resume its southbound journey.
For its northbound detour, the #140/141 will turn from San Mateo onto eastbound Zuni. At Louisiana, the route turns northbound before turning west on Constitution, then resuming its northbound route on San Mateo.
ABQ RIDE will also provide two shuttles during the parade to bridge some of the stops inside the detour. The first shuttle will use San Mateo to loop between Lomas south to just one block north of Central, at Copper.
The second shuttle will run north of Lomas, using San Mateo to circulate between Constitution and Marble NE. Both shuttles will connect with the detouring #11 and #140/141 on their detours through Constitution NE. The shuttles will stop running at 1:30 p.m., once Lomas is reopened.
Temporary bus stops for the San Mateo Shuttle between Lomas and Copper that day will be located at:
- NE corner – San Mateo and Lomas
- SW corner – San Mateo and Lomas
- NE corner – San Mateo and San Juan
- SW corner – San Mateo and Marquette
- NE corner – San Mateo and Nambe
- NE corner – San Mateo and Grande
- SW corner – San Mateo and Grande
- SW corner – San Mateo and Copper
Temporary bus stops for the San Mateo Shuttle between Constitution and Marble that day will be located at:
- NE corner – San Mateo and Constitution
- NE corner – San Mateo and Mountain
- SW corner – San Mateo and Mountain
- NE corner – San Mateo and Summer
- SW corner – San Mateo and Summer
All regular ABQ RIDE Saturday service should return to normal by 1:30 p.m., depending on when Lomas is reopened. Click here for a list of the affected bus routes plus maps of the detours.
Latest posts by ABQ Free Press (see all)
- One Less ABQ News Voice - November 5, 2017
- What Happens When A Troubled Police Department Refuses To Reform? - October 23, 2017
- Campaign Satire: Colón’s Surplus Cheese And More - September 27, 2017