<script async src=”//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js”></script>
<!– Front page sidebar –>
<ins class=”adsbygoogle”
style=”display:inline-block;width:300px;height:600px”
data-ad-client=”ca-pub-6727059054102892″
data-ad-slot=”4003498234″></ins>
<script>
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
</script>

Mayoral Campaign Manager Was Arrested For Failing To Appear In Court

Mayoral Campaign Manager Was Arrested For Failing To Appear In Court

Bob Cornelius was arrested in Albuquerque on two warrants for failing to appear in court for traffic violations in Mora and Harding counties. He was ticketed for driving on a suspended license.

The campaign manager for mayoral candidate Ricardo Chaves was jailed recently in Albuquerque on two warrants for failing to appear in court for traffic violations last year.

The campaign manager, Bob Cornelius, was booked into the Metropolitan Detention Center on July 24 and was released the next day, MDC records show.

Cornelius, 37, wound up in jail after being stopped by an Albuquerque police officer on the afternoon of July 24. He was following a car in front of him too closely. Cornelius was ticketed for following too closely and driving on a suspended license, according to the citations. The officer apparently ran a check on Cornelius and found the warrants from 2016 for failing to appear in court in Mora and Harding counties.

Cornelius, who lives in Cedar Park, Texas, told ABQ Free Press that after being arrested he paid the traffic ticket from Mora County. He also said that he wasn’t aware that his licenses had been suspended because the notices had apparently been sent to his old address in Tatum.

“If you have a ticket that is past due they suspend your license,” Cornelius said. “I don’t remember getting a letter saying that my license was suspended. If they mailed it to the Tatum address, I haven’t lived in Tatum since high school.”

But court records show that Cornelius was ticketed in Harding County on May 27, 2016 for speeding and driving on a suspended license.

About a week later, on June 4, 2016, he was ticketed in Mora County for driving on a suspended license.

Cornelius failed to appear in court on all three of those tickets and warrants were issued for his arrest.

Cornelius is the CEO of 90 Degrees Agency, an Austin-based consulting agency that specializes in marketing, media strategy and creative design “for start-ups, small businesses, corporate, and political clients.”

The following two tabs change content below.
Albuquerque’s definitive alternative newspaper publishing an inquisitive, modern approach to the news and entertainment stories that matter most to New Mexicans. ABQ Free Press’ fresh voice speaks to insightful and involved professionals who care deeply about our community.

Latest posts by ABQ Free Press (see all)

9 comments

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked with *

9 Comments

• James
    July 28, 2017, 12:33 pm

Bummer about Mr Cornelius, he’s an ok guy and I’m sure this will all sort itself out, but isn’t the real news here that APD actually pulled somebody over? (I kid, I kid! (sort of))

• Gregg Mcphedrain@James
      August 25, 2017, 5:11 pm

he doesn’t have a license BECAUSE HE DOESN’T LIVE IN CEDAR PARK TEXAS

SEARCH THE FUCKING DMV – AND BUST THIS SHIThead

• Paul
    July 30, 2017, 2:55 pm

Let me get this straight:

Old dude forgets to pay a speeding ticket in the middle of nowhere, gets pulled over in one of our many glorious construction zones, pays off the $1600 (not $2k, do your Googling) that the ticket amounts were, and suddenly this is A Big Deal? Oh no! A politico is human?

Also? I’m going to guess your blogging software doesn’t come with a grammar check. Last I knew, run-on sentences were considered poor form in a journalistic arena.

• Gregg Mcphedrain@Paul
      August 25, 2017, 5:13 pm

Paul
      Bob = ex business partner – tried to frame me in TX
      not an ‘old’ dude = SCUM BAG – sure.

He has been lying about his RESIDENCE SINCE 2005 – thus no IDENTIFICATION TO PROVE RESIDENCE – he’s a con man – and a pathetic human being – like – shit on your shoe serves humanity better than bob

• Paul
    July 30, 2017, 2:55 pm

Let me get this straight:

• gregg mcphedrain
    August 2, 2017, 9:47 pm

Bob doesn’t LIVE IN TRAVIS COUNTY – HE CLAIMS HIS BROTHERS’ ADDRESS
    BUT was committing RENT FRAUD FROM ME – IN 2015 = 2016 – THEN REFUSED TO PAY – BOB FILED FALSE CHARGES- AND ATTEMPTED TO FRAME ME

Move to Inbox More

Print all In new window
    jv cv 16 001410 TRAVISCOUNTY TEXAS 2016- 2017
    bob tried to frame ex nm business partner to cover up rent fraud
    hired lawyer – ben wetmore – who commited fraud in court – and colluded to frame plaintiff – to where court dismissed cornelius counter claim = BOB IS SCUM AND CRIMINAL POS

• Bob@gregg mcphedrain
      August 29, 2017, 7:48 am

Greg(g) has his own criminal past. Arrests and convictions for violent drug offenses, numerous traffic offenses including DWi aggravated etc. Google his name to find out more of the truth concerning Greg(g)s hypocrisy.

• gregg@Bob
        October 12, 2017, 6:42 pm

WOW – ‘BOB’
        I will be suing this account – and court ordering the release of the owner’s information for a defamation charge.
        A
        Bob’s accusation of DRUG arrests – is 100% false. 2014-2015 I was in med school Central New Mexico Community College – working on my rad tech certification. I was also an EMT for 7 years at that time. 8 YEARS TOTAL.
        Mr cornelius is alive – because when he Siezed

He’s pissed I turned him into a fatass cartoon recently and am going to make fun on his 3d self.
        I did receive a DUI – I ended up proving my probation officer forced me to skip MY RADIOLOGICAL TECH MIDTERM – and get her fired.

Mr Cornelius is lying – like he did in Texas – where he didn’t present COURT ORDERED INTERROGATORIES –

• Gregg Mcphedrain@Bob
        October 12, 2017, 6:51 pm

BOB
        I’m sorry you are this pathetic – lying about me online – still… it’s all you can do isn’t it.
        I mean after all – in court – You committed contempt – to refuse responses to SIMPLE INTERROGATORIES.
        And Bob – the judge recused himself – because he allowed you and ben to collude without sanctions.
        wanna talk about you refusing a court order to provide responses? BOY?

That’s not winning Bob – that’s guilt – and you wreak of it.
        lower and lower.
        7 YEARS OF IN THE NEWS PAPER STATE AND NATIONAL – (YOU HAVE THAT REPUTATION – YOU EARNED IT BOB)

The following two tabs change content below.
Dennis Domrzalski is managing editor of ABQ Free Press. Reach him at dennis@freeabq.com.