Bernalillo County's contribution will help pay for Uber rides on other holidays as well.
You can get free rides to and from drinking establishments over the Labor Day holiday by downloading the Uber app and entering the code “ABQLabor”. (For transportation to and from the Dierks Bentley concert, enter code ABQ5150.)
The Uber Take a Ride On Us program allows patrons to contact Uber for a safe ride to or from a drinking establishment. Bernalillo County has contributed $55,000 to this new effort, helping to pay for the first $10 of each Uber ride.
The average Uber ride in the Albuquerque area runs less than $10. If the cost for the ride exceeds $10, the patron will have to cover the remaining amount.
The county’s financial contribution comes from liquor excise taxes that are collected and distributed to New Mexico counties by the New Mexico Tax and Revenue Department on a quarterly basis. The $55,000 Bernalillo County is providing for this effort will help fund the program until June 30, 2018 — the end of the current fiscal year.
Bernalillo County’s contribution will also help pay for Uber rides on other upcoming holidays as well.
- Halloween: Oct. 31
- Thanksgiving Weekend: Nov. 22-26
- Christmas Eve to New Year’s Eve: Dec. 22, 2017-Jan. 1, 2018
- Mardi Gras: Tuesday, Feb. 13, 2018
- Super Bowl: Sunday, Feb. 4, 2018
- Cinco de Mayo: Saturday, May 5, 2018
- Memorial Day Weekend: May 25-28, 2018
Latest posts by ABQ Free Press (see all)
- Film Review: It - September 20, 2017
- Last-Ditch Effort By Republicans To Replace ACA: What You Need To Know - September 20, 2017
- We Are More Than A Work Permit - September 14, 2017