Family-friendly policies give New Mexico businesses an edge in recruiting and retaining the best employees.
Albuquerque earned distinction for its workplace policies by Family Friendly New Mexico, a statewide project developed to recognize companies that have adopted policies that give New Mexico businesses an edge in recruiting and retaining the best employees.
The New Mexico Task Force on Work Life Balance created an online business award called the “New Mexico Family-Friendly Business Award” to recognize and celebrate New Mexico businesses that have family-friendly policies in place, including paid leave, health support, work schedules and economic support. The statewide task force was created by the New Mexico State Legislature in 2010.
Earning the City of Albuquerque’s recognition are the following family-friendly policies:
- Paid educational leave and tuition assistance
- Group medical, dental, and vision including coverage for domestic partners
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Vacation sick leave donation to keep employees in a paid status during illness
- Paid holidays
- Paid military leave
- Flexible schedule for nursing mothers
- Private lactation rooms for nursing mothers
- Wellness programs for employees and their families (smoking cessation, weight loss, nutrition)
- Employee assistance program (available for dependents)
- Family medical leave
- Retirement planning and benefits
The Family Friendly New Mexico project offers training and resources on how businesses can adopt more family-friendly policies, awards and recognition for companies that offer their employees family-friendly benefits, and a resource for businesses and community leaders as they develop policies on issues such as paid family leave and help with childcare.
Latest posts by ABQ Free Press (see all)
- One Less ABQ News Voice - November 5, 2017
- What Happens When A Troubled Police Department Refuses To Reform? - October 23, 2017
- Campaign Satire: Colón’s Surplus Cheese And More - September 27, 2017